We are seeking a highly motivated, customer service-oriented individual to join our team as Salon Manager. The ideal candidate will be committed to the Poppy & Monroe ethos, which values each customer and employee, promoting the message:
“You are loved and important. We are honored that you've decided to share your day with us. We will do our best to ensure your experience is memorable and rejuvenating.”
Job responsibilities for the Salon Director position include, but are not limited to:
· Curating a consistent customer experience for clients.
Ensure salon and retail space is visually appealing, inviting, and set-up to function with the highest efficiency while also meeting all cleanliness standards.
Respond to client emails, phone calls, and customer surveys promptly and thoroughly, recognizing that digital engagement is a memorable part of the customer service experience.
Oversee the management of the scheduling software to ensure appointment times and availability is maximized, communicating changes to clients and staff as needed.
Direct front-desk staff to provide exceptional service while maintaining front and back of house standards.
Oversee our Luxe Life Membership program.
Offer creative solutions to address customer service related obstacles, when needed.
· Manage front-of-house and back-of-house inventory.
Manage retail inventory, including the check-in of new or replenished items, as well as returns to vendors.
Manage salon supply orders, ensuring appropriate inventory levels are maintained at all times.
· Contribute to the cultural core values of the Poppy & Monroe team.
Attend and actively participate in all team meetings.
Coordinate celebration activities for team member birthdays and anniversaries. Utilize monthly celebration stipend wisely and efficiently.
· Manage day-to-day administrative and organizational tasks.
Complete banking tasks as directed, including deposits and withdrawals.
Send a daily end-of-day email, recapping salon activity and items of note.
· Promote the Poppy & Monroe brand.
Coordinate and oversee special events, workshops, and “pop-ups” with our industry partners and friends of Poppy & Monroe.
Coordinate social media and outreach content with Social Media Manager, as required.
Salary: $40,000; Additional Benefits include discounts on services and products.
Hours: Approximately 40 hours per week
Job Requirements Include:
· Available to work until 7:30 p.m.
· Available to work on Saturdays.
· Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word.
· Has demonstrated experience managing administrative tasks and creative problem solving.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Retail or salon management experience preferred.
· Ideal candidate is passionate about clean beauty products and services.
· Knowledge of Booker software a plus.